Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bittersweet, but, much more sweet than bitter.

Psalm 121

A Song of Ascents.

1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.

Praise God for knowing better than I my path and where and how I should walk it.

Heard today about the Orlando job. Didn't get it. My pride stings a bit, as it does whenever I find out someone doesn't want me, but the gladness I feel at staying home in NC rather than moving from my brothers and sisters (and some nieces and nephews as well as the occasional crazy cousin) is a balm soothing the pain.

Praise God for giving me what I need even when I don't know what I want.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I would have handled it if you had gone...who would I call Uncle...all my "real" ones are thousands of miles away...and I don't even remember them well...

    God bless you and keep you and may He show Himself to you more than you could have imagined!

    ReplyDelete